The Connect First scholarship
At Connect First, people are at the heart of everything we do. From our customers and their customers to our own employees, the connections we help make possible are the inspiration and motivation behind our work.
Our contact center software was designed to facilitate these connections, creating a communication experience that leaves everyone satisfied with the results and better for it — no matter which side of the interaction they’re on.
In our work, simplicity, flexibility, and people-centricity are the most important factors for success. When a customer contacts a company, how can a company use that interaction to shape the customer’s view of the company and their loyalty to it? Better yet, how can we use the technology we depend on to create connections that guarantee a positive and satisfactory experience?
With this scholarship, we’re asking undergraduate students to answer these questions and give their own take on communication technology today and for the future. We want to know your thoughts on the importance of communication and how it will be affected by the evolution of technology. The student who best expresses their views will receive a $1,000 scholarship to help further their education.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- An interest in technology or business preferred but not required.
Required application details
- Please write a 1,000 to 1,500 word essay answering the following questions:
- Why are meaningful interactions important for customers?
- When a customer contacts a company, how can a company use that interaction to shape the customer’s view of the company and their loyalty to it?
- Where do you see communication technology headed and how can we use technology to create better connections?
- Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
- Please submit The Connect First Scholarship form below.
All applications must be submitted by January 2, 2019. A winner will be selected and notified by January 20, 2019.
How to apply
To apply for the Connect First Scholarship, please email the following information, and send attachements to: email@example.com
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment - Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
Additional scholarship details
- Winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from Connect First.
- Scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about The Connect First Scholarship can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The scholarship funds provided by Connect First will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants Connect First permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and essay on connectfirst.com or in other marketing communications. We are also granted permission to send you information regarding your application.
Once a winner has been selected and announced, we will destroy all sensitive information relating to the applicant.
We will remove any information pertaining to the student at the student’s request.
Terms & conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The Connect First Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants Connect First, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by Connect First.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on connectfirst.com website.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Connect First’s social media pages.
About Connect First
Hi, we’re Connect First. We create cloud-based contact center software that helps companies like yours unlock the potential of your contact center. We provide simple and elegant solutions to complex communication challenges. Built for the cloud from day one, our platform offers the highest uptime and most reliability in the industry. We care about your business as much as you do and seamlessly combine technology with a proactive high-touch customer support approach to help you do more with your contact center.